Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fallout: New Vegas

Ask anyone who knows me, I love open world RPGs. Oblivion, Fallout, GTA 4, I love them all. This April comes Red Dead Redemption which is going to make the cowboy part of my brain very happy since it seems to finally be a good open world western game. There is also going to be some Dead Rising 2 coming up soon which is always nice. I'm big on zombie killing. I do it on weekends in fact. And of course, as the title suggests, a new installment to Fallout. Fallout: New Vegas takes place in the nuclear wasteland of bombed out Las Vegas. But not just any Las Vegas, this is Bugsy and Sinatra Vegas. Sounds fun and interesting, right?

I'm concerned. Go to your friendly neighborhood game previewer to check out the released screen shots of this game. Anyone noticing what I am? It seems a little too..... the same. I mean it literally looks like a modded version of Fallout 3. I mean, there are some new things that will be a really nice addition to the game. There is going to be a sub menu to control your allies. New weapons, armor, enemies, locations, and storyline. But it seems like I could have gotten that in a mod.

No doubt this is a game I will buy. I can't get my hands off open world games, not to mention the Fallout franchise in general. I "own" them all (not going to get into that for legal reasons). I am going to play it cautiously. Knowing Bethesda, they will deliver an amazing game no matter what. And when it does come out in the fourth quarter of this year, I won't be doing much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment